|STLCC Latest News by Ron Hagenow||For those who were not at the August meeting, below in a list of upcoming events and information.
Events (not necessarily in order):
1. We cancelled out of the Scott AFB air show on September 15 due to lack of sign-ups. Some are still going to Funfest on that day and if you are, please email Marty Dooley at email@example.com or sign up at the next meeting. There will be club parking as usual. Time and meeting place to drive up there will be discussed at the next meeting.
2. Sherri and Tom Marlo are looking for participants to join them at the Walk to End Alzheimer’s on September 22 at Busch Stadium. Sign-up sheet is available at the meeting.
3. The popular Corvettes and Warbirds, sponsored by the Lyle’s, is on October 27. Sign-ups available at the next meeting. This is always a large event and if you’re lucky Steve or one of his friends may take you up for a ride. This is held at the Commerative Air Force hanger in St. Charles and the times are 10:00 to 3:00. I believe they are also giving B-17 rides for a certain price.
4. Ruth Howard is sponsoring the ever popular Josephine’s Tea Room run on October 13. This is a chance for the ladies to steal, or rather borrow, the Corvette for a ladies-only lunch. Sign-up at the next meeting.
5. The Veterans Day Parade will be on Saturday, November 10. More information will be available at the next meeting but we will again be driving the Gold Star Mothers so they will be looking for “their” Corvette. Ladies, I hope you can support them as usual.
6. The St. Louis Corvette Club/Route 66 Autocross is August 18-19 at the Family Arena in St. Charles. Come out and support the racing Craigs. Events start at 10:00 am.
7. August 26 is our regularly scheduled Fritz’s ice cream run. Be there at 6:00 pm.
8. September 9 is our Mystery Run sponsored by Charlie Miget and Marty Dooley. If you did not sign up at the meeting please email them at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Meet at 10:00 am at the Quik Trip at Hwy K and I-64 by the Cracker Barrel. Have a full tank of gas and maybe some refreshments. Lunch will be about 2:00 pm and it will take about 2 hours to get home so plan accordingly.
9. September 23 is the club picnic sponsored by Kevin and Vicki Bayliss. More details and sign-ups at the next meeting.
Club static clings are going to be ordered after the September meeting. Pictures were in the last newsletter and I had samples at the last meeting and again will have them at the September meeting. They are $20 each. Make the check payable to the club and please pay at the September meeting. These will be a great addition if you are going to do a parade.
And it is the most important time of the year… DUES PAYMENT!!!!! You can pay your dues at the September, October or November meeting. You must have your dues paid by the November meeting in order to vote for the upcoming slate of officers. Dues are $45.00 for a single, $75.00 for a couple and $24.00 for associate members. We have a couple of our snowbirds who pay their NCCC dues to their Florida club in which case their dues are $40.00. If for some reason you do not want to rejoin, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know you won’t be at a meeting but want to send your check, make it payable to the St. Louis Corvette Club and mail it to my address which is 428 Mockingbird Lane, Waterloo, IL 62298.
Don’t forget your Box Tops for Education for Peggy Craig. She appreciated your support. And for our September charity of the month Judy needs gently used men’s items. Thank to everyone who donated school supplies. We filled up the back of their Vette.
Finally don’t forget to visit our revised website. More updates are being anticipated. Hopefully some of the thousands of pictures from the Black Hills event will be posted.